Introduction to Glass Bead Making with Kazumi Svenson October 20-21
- Key Points:
- *Setting up a flame working bench
- *Different types of torches and tools
- *Glass and color (Moretti soft glass will be used)
- *Mandrel and bead release
- *Forming the bead
- *Coloration and design (dots, zigzagging, twisting, dragging and masking)
- *Annealing in kiln
- *Preparing the beads for stringing or mounting
There is a $45 annual registration fee that will be added to your the total amount of the class if this is the first class you are registering for this season.
This two day intensive class will introduce basic methods of working glass over a torch in the context of glass bead making. Various techniques of manipulating design and color will be explored. Students will learn how to set up a flame station, torch selection, how to release the beads and how to create special designs such as dots and twists in your beads and annealing. Kazumi will demonstrate advanced techniques as well. Students will leave with colorful examples of their new skill and a load of information so they can continue creating beautiful glass beads at home. Glass bead making is an easy and somewhat inexpensive hobby to do at home.