Mountain Dulcimer with John Ressler October 13-14
$150 materials payable to John
- Key Points:
- *The basics of stringed instrument building
- *The steps to build a mountain dulcimer from start to finish
- *Wood selection for musical instruments and their effect on tone
- *Installing instrument fret wire
- *How to tune the instrument
- *How to play the instrument
There is a $45 annual registration fee that will be added to your the total amount of the class if this is the first class you are registering for this season.
Have you ever wanted to learn to build a stringed instrument, but didn’t know where to start? A mountain dulcimer is a great first instrument. This unique stringed instrument combines a moderately challenging project with a simple to play instrument making this a delightful instrument you can truly call your own. You will be guided through all the critical elements of building the dulcimer and be provided with dimensions and plans that will assist you in continuing to build in the future. Materials will be traditional cherry or walnut with a spruce top. We will also explore the background and history of the dulcimer, and include a group lesson on playing the instrument as time allows. WARNING: Building stringed instrument is addictive! Be prepared to leave with a smile on your face!