The Perfect Topcoat with Tim Puro June 23-24
$300 Tuition + $25 materials
- Key Points:
- *How the choice of a clear finish can change the look of your furniture
- *Choosing between wipe on, brush on or spraying
- *Gloss, satin, matte or flat
- *Why gloss might be the best sheen for your project
- *Importance of properly sanding the wood and how to sand between coats of finish
- *Film thickness – how much finish should you apply
- *Finishing the finish using wax, polishing compounds, steel wool and synthetic pads
- *Tips on repairing a clear coat finish
There is a $45 annual registration fee that will be added to your the total amount of the class if this is the first class you are registering for this season.
Many woodworkers clear coat their furniture to show off the wood’s natural beauty. However, your choice of clear coats and how they are applied can enhance or detract from your woodworking. In this two day class students will brush, spray and wipe on shellac, water base, lacquer, and oils to create clear coat samples that will help in choosing the best clear finish for any woodworking project. The finish is the first thing people see so you have to get it right. Spend the weekend with Tim and you will learn how to apply a topcoat that people want to touch!